Kindertransport Organization Germany
The Kindertransport Organization Germany
On the occasion of the 74th Anniversary of the last Kindertransports to Britain and other European countries I wish to invite you on Friday, August 30th 2013 between 4 pm and 5 pm to the Berlin Friedrichstrasee Railway Station, corner of Georgenstrasse.
The commemoration will also honour Geertruida (Truus) Wijsmuller-Meijer who saved many children from the Holocaust and will also remember the outbreak of World War II in 1939.
This function will take place at the memorial sculpture "Trains to Life – Trains to Death".
An invitation has also been extended by Mr. Frank Mollen of the Dutch embassy to participants of the Kindertransports and diplomats to light refreshments at the embassy (separate invitation).
The speakers will be:
- German Kindertransport 1938/39 witness
- State Secretary and Press Officer of the Berlin Senate, Dr. Meng
- Deputy Chief of Mission of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Mr. Frank Mollen
- Berlin Chief of Police, Vice President Ms. Koppers
- Commissioner of the Berlin Jewish Community for Interreligious Dialogue
and anti-Semitism representative, Rabbi Daniel Alter
- Chair of the Diocesan Council of the Catholic Archdiocese of Berlin, Wolfgang Kloser
The Youth Symphony Orchestra (75TN) from Georg Friedrich Händel Gymnasium Berlin, under the direction of John Lucchesi, will play works by Handel and other major composers
Kindertransport Organisation Deutschland
T + 49 (0)30 60 40 10 21
M + 49 (0) 173 390 58 55